Bookings made in 2021 – Cancellation due to Coronavirus
- If you are unable to travel due to government Covid-19 restrictions no payment will be due. You may defer your booking or alternatively your deposit will be returned in full.
- If we are unable to host you due to government Covid-19 restrictions your deposit will be returned and no money will be due.
- Generally speaking, restrictions will be in place if either you or we are in “Tier 3” or above.
- We recommend that you have suitable travel insurance to cover any non-covid issues that prevent you travelling.
We are proud to have built a business from 2017 that has received outstanding reviews from our guests. We continue to endeavor to provide you with great service and an exceptional stay in Glencoe. However, covid-19 has changed the world that we now live in and, regrettably, now it’s simply not possible for us to have the same level of personal interaction with guests that we once had. We will supply a welcome to Pier House email containing recommendations of activities, restaurants, things to see & do, before your stay.
The precautions below are in place to reduce the risk of transmission of the covid-19 virus; to help us all stay safe. Please respect these guidelines and the responsibility that we all have for each other.
- Do not travel to Pier House if there is any suspicion that you may have been exposed to covid-19.
- You may not use Pier House to self isolate due to covid-19.
- See our general terms & conditions with respect to deferring your reservation to other dates.
Arrival and Check-In
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided and wear a face covering whilst entering/exiting the property. We request that regular hand washing continues in your room.
- Check-in time is from 4pm-8pm. Unfortunately during covid-19 there will be no early check-in available due to the deep-cleaning required.
- To accommodate social distancing, we can only check-in one set of guests at a time. You will be asked to wait in our porch if we are attending to other guests.
- We are happy to help with luggage and prefer to carry this to your room. We will hand sanitise before and after doing this.
During your Stay
- We will be wearing face coverings to meet you and throughout breakfast service.
- You are required to wear a face covering on arrival and while in the shared areas within Pier House (porch, hall, stairs & landing, on entering the dining area).
- Hand sanitiser is provided in various locations.
- Unfortunately, following government guidelines, we have had to remove many of our luxury extras e.g. soft furnishings, books.
- We used to love chatting with guests and advising them of things to do. This is no longer possible with covid, but we will supply a mobile phone contact for any queries you may have during your stay.
- Following Covid-19 guidelines, we will wear face coverings whilst preparing and serving your breakfast.
- Our cooked menu remains essentially the same great menu as always, however we are unable to offer a help-yourself buffet. This will now be served to you.
- Our large dining table is suitable to accommodate guests from two rooms whilst maintaining social distancing.
- We will deep clean every room after guest departure.
- Room servicing – we will not be servicing rooms for multiple night stays. Please request any refills required for tea/coffee/etc which will be left outside your room.
- Frequent touch points in shared areas will be regularly sanitised throughout the day.